Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Thing 16

Library 2.0

Though I am reluctant to embrace a life in front of a computer, I do understand the importance of changing libraries so that they meet the demands of the times. It's not up to me. Not everyone has a good library a block away, but they do have internet access for the most part. Library 2.0 opens up the good libraries online. That's great. I really felt a sense of relief though when I read Wendy Shultz's piece on what Library 4.0 might be. Maybe there will be a period after all of this hustle and bustle (not that it will end) when libraries focus on some of the other aspects (seemingly less important) such as the 'feeling' of a library. You know, all that human stuff. There's a balance with everything I guess, the goods and the bads that technology brings.

No comments: